Careers At Performio
We’re a growing company with offices in Orange County, San Francisco, Sydney, and Melbourne. Our customers include major companies across a range of industries and brands.
Who is Performio?
Performio is a fast-growing, B2B Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company. We solve a critical problem for medium-to-large businesses around the world – automating sales commission calculations. Our customers love us for many reasons – finance loves us because we help them accurately calculate sales commissions and provide insights into sales comp data. Sales management loves us because we make it easy for them to monitor the performance of their sales teams. And sales reps love us for the increased transparency they get into what deals they’re getting paid for.
Many well-known companies like Optus and Vodafone use our software every day. We sell into a $4 billion global market and regularly beat our larger competitors because we’re the only enterprise-grade provider that’s modern and easy to use.
We are a close-knit high-energy team that genuinely enjoys working with each other and loves to make our customers happy. Our new HQ is located in a beautiful space in Newport Beach, California. We were founded in Melbourne, Australia where we also have an office. We are profitable, well-funded, and recently purchased by a US-based investor group that is helping us invest in growth.
Senior Product Designer
Performio is a fast-growing, business to business software as a service (SaaS) company, focused on making incentive compensation management (ICM) simpler. We provide companies with 50–500 sales reps an easy way to calculate and gain insight into their sales commissions.
We have a great product that customers in over 20 industries across the world use and love—including well-known brands like Johnson & Johnson and Vodafone. Founded in Australia 14 years ago, with offices in both Melbourne, Australia, and Newport Beach, California, we are on a mission to be the best ICM solution in-market by being easy to buy, fast to go live, and easy to use.
What’s the opportunity?
As our first Senior Product Designer, you will play a leading role in turning our product vision into reality. Working from home at first, you’ll join an enthusiastic, experienced Product & Engineering team in our Melbourne office. You’ll own the design throughout the product development journey, from idea through to detailed interactions and polished visuals.
While design as a discipline is new to our company, passion for our customers and a willingness to put their needs first is at the center of everything we do. We have a long history of going the extra mile to make sure our customers are happy. We’re looking for someone to join our Director of Experience Design in embedding design into our day-to-day product development practice, ensuring that all new initiatives are designed with customer needs in mind from the start.
What will I be doing?
- Working from insight to execution. Understanding user needs and translating them into thoughtful, intuitive workflows, detailed interactions, and polished visuals.
- Creating change in a complex system. Make well-considered design decisions, thinking through and mitigating for potential cascading impacts of recommended changes.
- Defining our design system. Leading the definition and design of our first design system, efficiently creating and documenting reusable UI components and interaction patterns.
- Acting as a trusted advisor. Partnering with PMs, engineers, and customer-facing teams to deeply understand and design with consideration for user needs, business goals, and technology constraints.
- Designing holistically, delivering iteratively. Break down system-wide UI and interaction design recommendations into small intelligently planned increments for delivery.
- Advocate for customer needs. Represent the customer in all product discussions and contribute to embedding user-centric design into our product development process.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience and interest in designing and shipping complex digital products, preferably in a B2B or enterprise context
- Proven ability to work from insight to execution, with a focus on interaction design
- Deep knowledge of interaction patterns
Experience designing, using, and evolving design systems
- Desire to challenge the status quo and maturity to know when to compromise
- Willingness to work at all levels of detail, from helping evolve our product strategy to writing microcopy
- Respect for and ability to collaborate well with team members from all disciplines
We’re fast-growing, but still small enough to have face time with the CEO. We have a genuine care for our customers and the passion to transform our product into one where experience and ease of use is a true differentiator. Led by a strong set of company values, we play to win and are incentivized to do so through our employee equity plan.
We’ve adapted well to the work from home lifestyle, and take advantage of flexible working arrangements. Our Melbourne office (when global pandemics allow for a return) is centrally located at The Commons in QV, stocked with plenty of perks, like a ping pong table and drinks and snacks.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Stack Software Engineer – Java, ReactJS, AWS
Are you an ambitious full-stack software engineer who enjoys problem-solving? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing business where care is taken to make sure things are done the right way?
We are a very successful, innovative software company with offices in Melbourne CBD and Newport Beach, California, a solid blue-chip client base, and a growing team. We build and run a SaaS platform that helps businesses calculate the commissions of their salespeople. This is a complex domain, and it’s our job to make it simple. After our expansion into the USA, our company has been going from strength to strength and is expanding the product development team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled developer to complement our agile team. We have a highly capable set of engineers who collaborate to build an amazing platform that our customers love.
This is initially a mid-level role with the intention of further strengthening the teaching and learning culture within our team.
With our focus on growth. This is an outstanding chance for someone looking to grow their career and work for a company that values their hard work and contribution.
This is a full-stack web application development role for our SaaS platform. The basics are:
- Backend development in Java, Spring, Hibernate, running on AWS
Our systems are constantly evolving so we maintain a balance of keeping our legacy systems up to date and replacing them over time with modern technology systems. Our engineers all play a role in the design, implementation, and custodianship of our systems.
- 3-6 years of Java development with a good understanding of Spring & SpringBoot
- SQL and query performance knowledge
- Reasonable Unix/Linux knowledge
The Ideal Candidate
- Spring Boot, Spring DI, Hibernate/ ORM
- Cloud/ AWS experience
- Involvement in the development community, open-source projects
Why Work for Us?
- We are serious about building awesome software and always strive to improve
- Reputable, growing, and innovative company
- Generous salary and employee equity program
- Ongoing training and career development
- We are market-leader in Australia and rapidly expanding in the USA
Business Development Representative (BDR)
Overview of The Role
The role of Business Development Representative (BDR) is an important one here at Performio. The BDRs find potential customers that are interested in Performio and want to evaluate our software. We have ambitious goals for the company. We intend to become the dominant sales performance management software for the global market within 5 years. This means generating lots of customers from leads sourced by a top-notch business development team. This will be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. If you are up for the challenge, we would love to have you on this journey with us. See below for details on the position.
You will be a BDR working out of the Company’s headquarters in Newport Beach, CA. You will be a part of the Sales department and will report to the BDR Manager.
As a BDR, your responsibilities will be the following:
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via cold call, email and social strategies
- Drive sales growth and pipeline by setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Maintain active communication and follow-up with leads by following a strategic sales cadence
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Become a Performio subject matter expert and effectively communicate our value prop to prospects
- Other duties reasonably determined from time to time by your manager
Why Work For Us?
It’s simple. Work with people you’ll genuinely want to spend time with. Work at a fast-growing company that builds a great product in a big & growing market. And of course, a competitive salary, uncapped commissions, generous benefits (401k, health insurance, free on-site gym, free parking, etc.), and unlimited paid time off. If you are a high performer you will have the opportunity to advance in your career, including becoming a full Account Executive.
Our Commitment To You
We’ll be asking a lot of you. In return for your commitment to Performio, we will make a commitment to you. Here are some of the specific things we will commit to:
- Provide you with meaningful & challenging work that exceeds what you would get at a comparable role in another company. Your work will make an impact on our business and should get you excited to come to work each day
- Coach you on developing your strengths and mitigating your weaknesses so you continue to evolve into a seasoned business professional
- Give you opportunities to develop the skills necessary to continue to move up in your career
- Continue to foster a great culture that makes Performio a rewarding and enjoyable place to work
Performio is looking for a Product Manager to lead our product development efforts and help us build world-class enterprise software that our customers love. You will draw on your business acumen, problem-solving skills, judgement, and technical strength to help us deliver a fresh, credible alternative to the legacy sales commission software vendors.
We are a small, but mighty company offering incentive compensation management software (ICM) that regularly beats the legacy incumbents in our industry. How? Our product. The Performio product balances the flexibility that large companies need in a sales commission solution with the great user experience buyers have come to expect from modern software. We are the only company in our industry that can make this claim and the market has responded favorably. We have a global customer base across Australia, Asia, Europe, and the US in 25+ industries that includes many well-known companies like Johnson & Johnson and Vodafone.
We are a fast-growing business-to-business software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that sells into a large market. Our software that makes it easy for companies with 50 to 1,000 sales reps to calculate their sales commissions & communicate those sales commissions to their salesforce and leadership. Finance and sales operations professionals love us because we eliminate the pain of managing sales commissions. Sales reps love us because they get complete transparency into what they are getting paid. And executives love us because we make it easy to get reports on sales compensation (one of the largest expenses a company incurs).
We were founded in Melbourne, Australia where the majority of our team resides. Our global HQ is in Newport Beach, California. We are a market leader in the Australian market and we are growing rapidly in the US market as well. We have a talented product and engineering team in Melbourne and we are looking for a Product Manager to continue to uplevel our product development efforts.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a high-performing Product Manager to serve as a key member of our product team. This position will be based in our Melbourne office. The Product Manager will report to the Director of Experience Design and will have significant input into how our product capabilities and team evolve.
Our product development team in Melbourne is presently led by our Director of Engineering and Director of Experience Design. The Product Manager will partner with those leaders and work closely with our agile development team comprised of several engineers, DevOps, QA, a product designer and business analyst. They will have influence over the entire product, setting direction and ensuring the team is working on the most meaningful, highest value problems.
We believe the key to creating solutions our customers love is a deep understanding of their needs and problems. We need our Product Manager to be passionate in pursuing that knowledge through direct customer conversations, data analysis, and monitoring of both industry trends and the competitive landscape. They will also develop an understanding of our various business constraints, including sales, professional services, finance and legal, and share that knowledge (along with their customer insights) with the team.
We’re looking for a Product Manager who can collaborate, influence and lead a cross-functional team towards a common goal. Our team is empowered to solve hard problems and knows the most effective solutions are those that are valuable, viable, usable and feasible. We hold our designers accountable for usability, our engineers accountable for feasibility and our Product Manager accountable for ensuring we’re delivering value in a way that’s commercially viable.
This position is ideal for someone with a strong enterprise software product experience who is looking to make a big impact at a small, growing company. You can think big but you’re also not afraid to get your hands dirty. You will be a senior member of our team and operate with a high degree of autonomy.
We are a fast-growing company and you can expect your responsibilities to evolve over time. But at a minimum you can expect to:
- Solicit feedback from internal stakeholders and customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs
- Define and manage the product strategy along and product roadmap to deliver on the Performio Product Vision
- Works closely with Engineering, Design and the Business Analyst to create solutions that are valuable, viable, usable, and feasible
- Maximize the value of our product by ensuring the highest priority items are being worked on
- Successfully hire, retain, train, and motivate high caliber product analysts
- Stay current on competitive offerings and how they solve sales comp challenges
- Develop a deep understanding of our product and successfully translate that knowledge to your work
- Strong B2B software product management experience at growing companies that offer a technical product
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
The Qualities We Look For (Our Values)
We have five core values that are key to being successful at Performio:
- Play to Win
- Do the Right Thing
- Work as One
- Paint a Clear Picture
- Be Curious
What You Will Receive
Performio offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. You will receive an annual salary that is towards the high end of the market for your experience level. All of our employees are owners and you will receive equity in the company. We will also provide all the tools you need to get your job done including a laptop, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.