Careers At Performio
We’re a growing company with offices in Orange County, San Francisco, Sydney, and Melbourne. Our customers include major companies across a range of industries and brands.
Who is Performio?
Performio is a fast-growing, B2B Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company. We solve a critical problem for medium-to-large businesses around the world – automating sales commission calculations. Our customers love us for many reasons – finance loves us because we help them accurately calculate sales commissions and provide insights into sales comp data. Sales management loves us because we make it easy for them to monitor the performance of their sales teams. And sales reps love us for the increased transparency they get into what deals they’re getting paid for.
Many well-known companies like Optus and Vodafone use our software every day. We sell into a $4 billion global market and regularly beat our larger competitors because we’re the only enterprise-grade provider that’s modern and easy to use.
We are a close-knit high-energy team that genuinely enjoys working with each other and loves to make our customers happy. Our new HQ is located in a beautiful space in Newport Beach, California. We were founded in Melbourne, Australia where we also have an office. We are profitable, well-funded, and recently purchased by a US-based investor group that is helping us invest in growth.
Business Development Representative (BDR)
Overview of The Role
The role of Business Development Representative (BDR) is an important one here at Performio. The BDRs find potential customers that are interested in Performio and want to evaluate our software. We have ambitious goals for the company. We intend to become the dominant sales performance management software for the global market within 5 years. This means generating lots of customers from leads sourced by a top-notch business development team. This will be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. If you are up for the challenge, we would love to have you on this journey with us. See below for details on the position.
You will be a BDR working out of the Company’s headquarters in Newport Beach, CA. You will be a part of the Sales department and will report to the BDR Manager.
As a BDR, your responsibilities will be the following:
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via cold call, email and social strategies
- Drive sales growth and pipeline by setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Maintain active communication and follow-up with leads by following a strategic sales cadence
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Become a Performio subject matter expert and effectively communicate our value prop to prospects
- Other duties reasonably determined from time to time by your manager
Why Work For Us?
It’s simple. Work with people you’ll genuinely want to spend time with. Work at a fast-growing company that builds a great product in a big & growing market. And of course, a competitive salary, uncapped commissions, generous benefits (401k, health insurance, free on-site gym, free parking, etc.), and unlimited paid time off. If you are a high performer you will have the opportunity to advance in your career, including becoming a full Account Executive.
Our Commitment To You
We’ll be asking a lot of you. In return for your commitment to Performio, we will make a commitment to you. Here are some of the specific things we will commit to:
- Provide you with meaningful & challenging work that exceeds what you would get at a comparable role in another company. Your work will make an impact on our business and should get you excited to come to work each day
- Coach you on developing your strengths and mitigating your weaknesses so you continue to evolve into a seasoned business professional
- Give you opportunities to develop the skills necessary to continue to move up in your career
- Continue to foster a great culture that makes Performio a rewarding and enjoyable place to work
We have an excellent opportunity for a great agile business analyst to be the product owner for our ambitious product development team. This is an outstanding chance for someone looking to work in a tight-knit team of high-performing developers that need great specifications to build awesome software.
The person will be the product owner of the development team and write all their user stories. This starts with gathering requirements from internal stakeholders, leading discussions and workshops about those features, to writing detailed user stories. The person is the point of contact for the development team on business-related questions and ensures the correct implementation of the features.
He or she must be passionate about creating an exceptional product, with a highly analytical nature and enjoys solving complex problems.
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders to write user stories from those requirements
- Write user stories
- Work with UI designer to create UI mock ups matching our existing UI design
- Define functional and non-functional requirements and set acceptance criteria
- Take on product owner role in an agile team
- Be the contact person for business-related questions to the development team
- Perform backlog grooming
- Participate in sprint planning
- Write release notes
- Run Show & Tell session
- Perform UAT testing to ensure that the features match the business expectations
- Ensure consistency across the application when implementing new features
Run internal adoption workshops
Jira/ Confluence experience
Why Work For Us?
- Reputable, growing, and innovative company Generous salary
- We are serious about building awesome software and always strive to improve
- Ongoing training and career development
- We are expanding to the US to become one of the big players in the market
- Great Melbourne location in The Commons co-working space, a creative eco-system providing modern workspaces for happy individuals
- Ping-pong table and beer and cider on tap
Why Work For Us?
It’s simple. Work with people you’ll genuinely want to spend time with. Work at a company that builds a great product in a big & growing market. And of course generous salary, benefits, and time off.